Pages

Sunday 1 February 2015

Scrapbooking







Hello there,

It has been a considerably long time since I last posted, sorry! I have been so busy in the past few months, and I have completely neglected my poor blog... who I have dearly missed!

aanyway...

I recently watched a You Tube video by Lily Pebbles on starting a Project Life scrapbook, and she was presenting to her viewers her scrapbook which she has clearly put a lot of time into, and the result looked amazing!!  (http://www.lilypebbles.co.uk/2015/01/how-to-start-project-life-scrapbook.html) 

I had never heard of Project Life before, but after watching the video I was keen to research into scrapbooking! I have had photo albums etc before, but I have a feeling this year is going to be quite a busy and exciting one, so I am keen to try and keep as many keepsakes as I possibly can, so I can look back in 50 years and hopefully remember 2015 to be gooden!

... you could say this post is slightly premature, as I haven't even yet received all of the the items I ordered yet.  However I am so excited I thought I'd let you know what my plans are for my scrapbook this year!

I have ordered my self a snazzy little album in the size (12x12).  I decided on this size because it means I can fit 6x4 photos in easily, as I tend to order photos in that size anyway when I get them printed. 
 
I also ordered the photo pockets in the same size (12x12), however I decided to order 2 different designs. 

 The first design has 4 (6x4) pockets, which are landscape with 4 (3x4) slots in the middle row. (as seen below).  I plan on putting all my landscape photos in the 4 larger pockets, and then making cards to put in the smaller slots where I can either decide to write a little synopsis of what the photos are showing, write a little title or put in little items which I have collected, for example tickets or other memorabilia.  I have also seen that you can (if you're careful!) slice a 6x4 photo in half and put it within two middle pouches, and I suppose you could do this within any photo size up to (12x12) in this case, I think this could be really effective.

However, I also have lots of portrait photos which I don't want to put in landscape pouches, so I also ordered myself the same thing, but with a slightly different design.  This one allows me to also insert 4 (4x6) photos and 4 (4x3) comments or journal cards.  


I plan on making my own journal cards using scrap paper, wrapping paper or postcards that I find, which hopefully will make it have a slightly retro style?

I am really looking forward to putting everything in, and customising it as I go along.  I know scrapbooking can be a bit of an artfom, but I think it would be a nice little hobby and I'm looking forward to seeing where it takes me!

Let me know if you have ever done a scrapbook before, or whether you have any useful tips for me when I officially start mine!

Kate Heidi x

No comments:

Post a Comment