Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Stress

Well hello there! I hope you've had a wonderful week so far! Unfortunately at the start of the week, it was the Monday that we all (well at least in England) had been dreading for the past 2 weeks!  It was the day when the entire country went back to work/college/school, well that is unless your dates are different, or you don't work on Mondays, or you had an inset day... but that's besides the point!!

So, I'm not sure about you, but I ALWAYS stress about going back! I'm always worried about whether I have done enough work over the holidays, have I forgotten everything, was there something I was supposed to prepare, and (most importantly) what am I going to wear??

In order to relieve myself from this stress (which by the way can have long term effects on your body, so I'm allowed to have a pamper!) I decided to treat myself to a luxurious 'me time'.  
Firstly I had a lovely bath, scented candles and all, and used some of my Christmas presents from my family, and had a good old soak!
I used the Joules body wash, body lotion, and body scrub (which by the way is a FANTASTIC exfoliator!), the Lush body conditioner. 
I also used a soap from Bubbles at Home which is a lovely shop in Bruges, where my sister and mum also brought some of the famous scented soaps.  I have also previously brought a dead sea mud natural soap, which really helps my skin.  It is also a really gorgeous shop with helpful staff (if you just happen to be popping into Belgium!) The staff there told me about their website, which offers a wide range of products, and I believe it does shipping too? I promise I've not been asked to talk about any of this!!!

I find that baths are able to unstress me, as I have a lovely bit of 'me time' which I think is so important in the modern day lifestyle, as it is so easy to stress all the time!  Stress can have some damaging effects on people, and nowadays people are constantly on the go, and find it almost impossible to find the work-life balance, which is made even harder with modern day communication devices, such as mobile phones and laptops, which, as much as I love them, can be a real pain sometimes!  Even just half an hour in the bath every so often instead of a quick shower before you nip out can have real positive impacts on you.  

I hope that this might give you an idea on how you can put some time away for yourself, and hopefully help you to find your feet at some point when the pressure is mounting up!

Kate Heidi x



No comments:

Post a Comment